David Vizard's "Tuning BL's A-Series Engine"

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: David Vizard's "Tuning BL's A-Series Engine"
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:17:30 -0500
Not long ago I posted a request on the Digest for Vizard's book.  At the
same time I inquired of various book dealers in North America.  Eventually,
a fellow CT MG Club member responded to my post & sold me his copy.  Since
then, I've been devouring the information in it.

I can only liken this book to the classic sailing text by Marchaj (sp?).  It
has given me more ideas of what to do to my MGB than I have time for.
But,...

In my search for a new edition of this out-of-print book, I contacted
Autophile in Toronto (416-425-1555).  I was there in November & bought
another hard to find book.  So, thought they might have one.  They didn't
then.  But, I got a call today from the owner, Richard, to tell me he just
got one in.  His price is $54.95 CND + shipping.  In the US of A, that
converts to $35.72.  That's a great price.  Shipping will vary & I don't
know if Customs will want their vigorish.  But, the info in this book is
worth more than that if you're performance tuning an engine in a Mini, A or
B.

SInce I already have one, another Digester may want to snag this one from
Richard.

I have no financial or business interest in Autophile.  It's just a great
shop for us car nuts.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
Alfa, BMW, etc.