RE: Rubber LIpped Flying Doorstops

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rubber LIpped Flying Doorstops
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:52:58 -0600
> Not quite correct. The decision to stop marketing the MGB GT
> in North America
> was based on a perception that it would be direct competition
> for the TR7,
> which you will recall was available at first only in coupe
> form. Personally, I
> rather like the B GT, and having driven both, much prefer it
> to the TR.

Before I bought my B-tourer, I was sure that I wanted an Alfa Spyder. I
drove a bunch, but I saw the ad for the B (that I ended up buying) and I
decided to go give it a try. Even though the B was 10 years older than the
Spyders I was looking at, I liked it much better (it's a '75). I thought I
wanted the spyder because it was much more modern (4 wheel disc brakes, DOHC
engine, 5 speed, coil springs) Even thought MGB is much "lower tech" the
whole package is more fun and I don't regret my decision in the least.

Now I want to get a B-GT and do a V8 Swap...