Re: Fuel Pump doesn't click

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump doesn't click
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:48:05 -0700 (MST)
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:05:06 EST, parkerw@juno.com wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>        I went out to start the MGA today and found that the fuel pump
>didn't click when the ignition was on.  The battery had just been
>recharged, and the gas tank was full.  I thought, maybe the gas lines are
>already under pressure, so I let the engine turn over for a long time, 20
>seconds maybe, but it still didn't start or give any hint of starting.
>It is close to 50 degrees in Chicago today, so HELP!! I don't know what
>to do!

Sounds like you need to put a new fuel pump in... and sounds like you
have good weather to do it!

Make sure it has power (volt meter)  If it does and it isn't pumping
and there isn't a plug in your line then it sounds like a bad pump...

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren