Listers - a question or two

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Listers - a question or two
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:59:28 -0400
Listers -

I would like to get Heritage certificates for a couple of my cars.  ' Have
seen where to write but didn't take note.  Can somebody tell me where to
write, the current cost in US $ and is it possible to pay on VISA/MC.
Getting a check in £ sterling from a local bank in SW Virginia is seriously
expensive business.  There's got to be a better way.

Also - ' Fired up the '67 B this afternoon for the first time since
November. '  Took it out and warmed it up real well.  Except, despite our
balmy 29 degrees Fahrenheit, it just never hardly warmed up.  With 3/4ths
of the rad covered with cardboard, I finally got it up to 165 degrees - and
a little dribble of heat leaked into the cockpit.  Now I realize that this
32-year-old car about which I know very little could have a  severely
blocked heater core.  My '76 heater does work quite a bit better.  But
still  - an 1800 cc engine running at 180-190 degrees (in the '76) ought to
be able to generate enough heat to drive you out of that little bitty
cockpit at anything above zero anyway.  If a Corolla can do it, why not an
MG?

I've heard of aftermarket replacement squirrel cages for the blower that
are supposed to be much better, and I've read of using heavier wiring to
the blower (using a relay to the switch) which is reported to improve its
performance.  Has anybody developed a better heater core?  Have any of your
cold-climate daily drivers addressed this?

TIA!

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs