Re: Oil Fill on Rebuilt Engine

To: Warren Pruitt <warren_p@ls3p.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Fill on Rebuilt Engine
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 08:50:21 -0500
Unless you have the sump full before you put it on, this is the only way
to get oil into your engine.  You can fill from the dipstick, but I
don't think dumping oil down will wash away your cam lube.  That cam
lube is pretty viscous, tenacious stuff.

Remember that you should use a straight weight oil for break-in.  I
believe 30 wt. is the proper weight.  Someone please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Jay