RE: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:03:07 -0500
When my Nissan was terminally rear-ended early in 1997, the Kawasaki came
into service as full-time commuter.  In this part of North Carolina, we get
some amazing thunderstorms in the summer so I bought the '74 chrome-bumper B
as foul weather transportation.  (No, not a GT.  Any roof is better than a
faring and helmet.)

Bought it in May of '97, engine died in August on a run from Charlotte to
Chicago and back.  Put the Kawasaki back into service until August of '98
when I finished the motor.

The MG's been the daily commuter since then.  I'm putting about 800 miles a
month on it.  This is my first British car, and I'm really enjoying it.  I
have to say I was a little jealous though.  Over Thanksgiving I was driving
with my brother in his VW Rabbit (Golf?) convertible.  He flipped two
latches and threw the top over his shoulder.  I said "That's it?"  He said,
"That's it."  Now I know why no one else uses tonneau covers.  Only the
British find them more convenient than putting the top up.  But my car's
still more fun to drive.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - "Sophie" - which has nothing to do with the overriders.