Re:rhyming slang -was Norristown - oops bust!

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re:rhyming slang -was Norristown - oops bust!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:04:24 EST
On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:07:03 -0800 "Lawrie Alexander"
<Lawrie@britcars.com> writes:
>Gee, Nory, you're the last person I would have expected to be
>squeamish..........:-)
>
>Dicky dirt = shirt
>'amsteads = teeth (from Hamstead Heath)
>daisies = boots (daisy roots)
>
>and with much humility I give up on taters! I know it's another way of
>saying potatoes (used to say that myself!) but I cannot remember the
>rhyming
>slang that it goes with. Andrew?
>
>Lawrie

Three out of four - not bad Lawrie - Taters comes from "Tater mould"
(cold)
referring to the blight that almost all "taters" had in the 19th century.
By the way, you missed "jamjar"......
Now - im off to the gladstone after me michael winner to sort the jamjar
- pity theres no current bun  - i'll av to use  a garden porch.....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley