detox & gaskets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: detox & gaskets
From: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:21:45 -0500
Greeting to the list,

I look to the wisdom of the list.  As the subject suggests, I've been doing
a detox job on my 80 B le. I started following Lindsay Porter's
'Restoration Manual MGB ' detox procedure and followed with John Twist's
tech031, and all seems to be going well, and I feel I can do all required
except..... The elusive white wire with brown stripe "gearbox power wire".
Where the *u** is it.  Am I reading the tech tip wrong, or, am I looking in
all the wrong places. Is there anyone on the list that has followed the
tip, that can give me a hint on where I might locate the bugger. How did
you like the results?

I'm also replacing most of the gaskets, valve cover, oil pan, manifold,
carb, both side covers, water pump, heater valve, also zenith rebuild kit.
What is the consensus of the list on what might be a better sealer product
to use on all jobs, or should I be looking at a few types?  Is there a good
tip on application methods that would be common to all areas?

I thank you for your time.
bh

"A closed mouth gathers no feet"  Anon.