Re: 71B Alternator

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 71B Alternator
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:49:31 -0000
Nina - Sounds like you removed the slider with the alt but left the slider
bolt tight?  Even with the same belt and pulley I would expect you to have
problems getting the fixing bolts back in that way as the belt is (or should
be) under a some tension even though the adjustment is nominally "1/2in of
free play in the longest run".  You will have to slacken the slider bolt to
get the other three in.  You can tighten the fixed end of the slider but
leave the two bottom bolts on the alt loose enough to move it, then pul back
on the alt and nip up the slider bolt and check the belt tension.  When it
is OK tighten all bolts and recheck tension.

PaulH.