Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4

To: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot Covers HIF4
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:24:54 +1000
Andy,

>on page 45 of their sale flyer? Do they look the part or are they crap?
>Are they as easy to install as I think? I have free flow air cleaners

I'm sure they look good but as far as I'm aware Dashpots are supposed to be
matched with the Piston inside it. I would be hesistant buying a new dashpot
unless there was a new piston included with it.

I got my info off Lawrie's Video - oh and an SU/Butec manual, both say they
should only be sold in matched pairs. As John says, try polishing your
existing ones, they come up like Chrome anyway. Not concours, but unless you
can afford to get the carbs replated, it's the cheap alternative.

Cheers,
Neil.