DPO answers to 70 BGT

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: DPO answers to 70 BGT
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 04:14:40 -0800
I finally got the DPO to answer my questions re: the 70 BGT I bought
from him.  He must have gotten tired of seeing my number on his caller
ID.

The GF engine is not original.  Turns out that when he bought the car
back in 1974 the engine was pretty well beat up due to the PDPO being a
"hot rodder" so he had it replaced with a rebuilt engine.  So that's how
the GF series ended up in a 70 model year.

The steel bonnet is original, which holds with what the list has come up
with.  Evidently the boys at Abbingdon (or wherever my BGT was built)
used new and old stock interchangably, so that you might end up with
either steel or aluminum until they finally ran out of old stock.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."