Fwd: mgs@autox.team.net

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: mgs@autox.team.net
From: Cullit@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:00:29 EST

--part0_918522031_boundary

From: Cullit@aol.com
To: mgs-owner@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #1465 Thu Jan 28 02:05:03 M
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:19:54 EST

Hi,
   I own a 69mgcgt with a electrical problem. The car was stripped down,
painted, engine brakes, suspension, and floor pans renewed. If I want to start
it I have to attach an accessory ground from the battery to the back bolt
holding the starter to the engine. My dash has no electricity. While cleaning
wires under the dash with emery(don't get excited only the bullets) I heard a
loud pop. I could find nothing burned. I find no chafed wires. If I remove a
double green lead from the near side of the lower fuse, it doesn't blow.
Meanwhile I'm the owner of a very sweet primrose CGT that can't pass
inspection. I also own a 71bgt daily driver and a 74b freshly rebuilt where
the electricity can't find the right side of the car(no horn, no r blinkers,
no fuel gauge, no r headlight, drains the battery if left connected-come to
think of it almost identical to the "C"). Does anybody have any suggestions?
Others have suggested I sell but with the money invested and the fact that
they're not right I'd lose my shirt. Thanks Phil        (pcullit@aol.com)

--part0_918522031_boundary--