Re: Bolt on Wheels

To: <MGs@autox.team.net>, "Jurgen Hartwig" <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: Bolt on Wheels
From: "Kenneth Scott" <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:10:02 -0500
Jurgen,
        What does high/medium/low offset mean to me.  I have a 1977 MGB.  I am
currently running the Moss Minators but would like to get a set of 15" bolt ons
to run very low profile tires.  Any ideas?
Ken Scott

Lightmkr wrote:

> A few years ago a friend had a book that mentioned 4 or 5 different kinds of
> late model mags that would bolt on an MGB. I think z cars were mentioned but
> my memory fails me.
>  Does any one have the list? I'm interested in a god forbid not original
> appearance! There the match is lit!

Who cares what you do with your car, John.  It's your ride and it's your
life.  Have fun! :)

Grassroots Motorsports had a so-so article about wheels.
Cars with 4 lug 4.5" bolt pattern are as follows:
MGB                                     medium offset
Geo Metro                               high offset
Dodge Colt -79 - 92                     high offset
Dodge/Chrysler/Eagle(most 4 lug 83-92   high offset
Mitsubishi Mirage 88-92                 high offset
Mitsubishi Precis 87-94                 high offset
Mitsubishi Galant 83-up                 high offset
Ford Festiva                            high offset
Ford Capri 91-91                        high offset
Acura Legend 86-91, CL, Vigor           high
Honda Accord 90-up                      high
Honda Prelude 92-up                     high
All Hyundai                             high
RX-7 GSL-SE 84-85                       low
RX-7 SE 86-88                           low
Mazda 626 83-87                         low
Mazda 323 86-89, GLC 81-85              high
Nissan Altima, Stanza                   high
240SX 89-94, 95-up 4 cyl                high
240Z, 260Z, 280Z                        zero
Nissan Roadster                         low
Nissan B210, 510                        zero
Infiniti G20                            high
Saab - All to '87                       high
Suzuki swift                            high
Totota Celica RWD                       zero
Toyota Supra 4 lug                      zero
Toyota Corolla RWD                      low
Volvo P1800 68-70                       medium

That's it.  Someone told me that you can get minilite wheels for the
Saabs pretty cheap, but I'm not sure on price or availability.  I
imagine you can get them with different offsets to fit the B.

Take care
Jay