MGB tire recommendations please

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB tire recommendations please
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:02:11 -0800
I've searched the archives at http://lq.corenetworks.com/goto/mgs  and
found that a lot of people run 185-70 14s on their MGB.  However, when I
spoke with my tire shop they recommend not using that size because the
specs say it needs a 5" rim width at minimum.  My wires are 4 1/2 J x
14.  He says that he can get 175SR 14s that will be a better fit and
look better.  I would prefer a taller tire for my non-OD car and I
really don't care how performance-oriented it is.  I just want it to
look good on the car.  I bow to the wisdom of the list and ask for
supreme guidance.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."