Re: HIF4 SU Carbs

To: "Richard D Arnold" <richard.arnold@juno.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: HIF4 SU Carbs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 06:58:48 -0800
Richard,

The reason for two separate kits is that the jets - which are included in
good rebuild kits - are different from each other. (They face different
directions in the float bowls). The floats are also "handed", although they
are not routinely supplied in the rebuild kits.

Having said all that, I now have to wonder whose kits you are talking
about - Moss sells one kit that does both carburetors, containing both jets,
new needles, new float valves and all the gaskets and seals.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center