Fastener Q's

To: Mg List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fastener Q's
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:10:29 -0800
Upon tearing down the spring pans of my 72'B, I noticed that the bolts
were pretty ragged, cruddy, and have seen better days.  So to the Sears
Hardware store I went.  They had grade 8, "Tri-Metal" bolts, split
washers, and nuts in many sizes.

Bought enough to rebuild both spring pans for under $3.50.

Here are the questions.  They look like the gold colored "Titanium"
drill bit you see.  Is this a similar coating?  What's with the
"Tri-Metal".

The fastener section look the same at Sears as any other store-look like
same supplier for most stores in are, so it's not just a Sears thing.

I liked them 'coz they even looked sharp against the black paint, and
being from Pittsburgh, gotta love that "Black and Gold!" (Steelers and
Penguins!)

Tim