MBG door adjustment and Strange Grille offered

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <hoops@owt.com>
Subject: MBG door adjustment and Strange Grille offered
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:27:50 -0500
>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:25:19 -0800
>From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
>Subject: MBG door adjustment

>I just put new furflex seals on the doors of my BGT and now they won't
>close without a fight.  I've adjusted the strike plate out, but still
>need to move the front of the door out a bit.  It looks like the hinge
>position is adjusted on the body after loosening some some small screws
>and one big monster bolt.  If someone has been through this and can give
>me any caveats I would appreciate the help.

>Lonn Howard

I have the same problem.  Adjusting the doors isn't the solution as mine
already protrude past the B pillar.  We need to find a source for quality
seals that fit.

I am offering a new stainless wavy style grille that fits an Austin 1100.  I
bought it at an autojumble thinking it would fit my 59 A40 but it was not to
be.  I just yesterday compared it to an 1100 parts car a friend of mine
owns.  Price is $100.00.  Condition is perfect.  It has never been
installed.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada