Re: Basilica Blue, Riviera Blue, etc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Basilica Blue, Riviera Blue, etc
From: donp@ncweb.com (don pikovnik)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:28:13 -0500 (EST)
Paul,

You can obtain any of these colors from ICI Autocolor in a modern urethane
product they call "2K".  ICI customer service, 1-800-647-6050 (speak to Jeff
Evans) can direct you to a local source of supply.  ICI code numbers are as
follows:

Basilica Blue  (BU.11)  ICI 7300 (used on Sprites/Midgets 67-69)
Basilica Blue  (BU.11)  ICI 3169 (listed as used in 1982, no further info)
Mineral Blue   (BU.09)  ICI 3130 (used on B,BGT from Jul '65 - '69)
Riviera Blue   (BU.44)  ICI 4022 (solid, used on Sp/Mid, March '63 - '67)
Riviera Silver Blue Metallic  (BU.47) ICI 3005M (used on CGT only, 67-69)

You might want to consider another possibility:  Iris Blue (BU.12) ICI 3243.
I looked at the picture you referred to and compared sprayouts I've done of
all the above colors and in my opinion, Iris Blue is the closest, although
the red value in the picture is a bit high. Perhaps the photo was shot late
afternoon, lots of red?

Riviera Blue (4022) would be my next choice.  I think both Mineral Blue and
Basilica Blue are much too dark.

As if it wasn't confusing enough, the owner may have painted it a Toyota
color he happened to like in which case, never mind the above!

Good luck,

Don Pikovnik
Coloramic Process, Inc.