Choke problems?

Subject: Choke problems?
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:15:31 -0600
My B is almost back to 100% after having its engine pulled again this
year (oil pressure relief valve problems).  I drove it tonight after not
driving it for a week.  I gave it fresh oil & a new filter, then started
it.

It's 2 degrees above freezing here, so I anticipated problems.  Ever
since I reassembled the car, I've had choke problems (single Z-S 175
auto choke).  From a cold start, the car would barely make it up a VERY
slight grade in first.  It acted as though I was trying to accelerate up
a steep hill from low rpms in 4th, if you know what I mean.

I had sticking choke problems last weekend, so that's what I'm thinking
it is.  I let the car idle and barely moved it a little in first for a
few minutes, then took off.  Once it was warmed up, it ran perfectly.
It even made it up normal hills with ease.

That and a squealing fan belt are all that are keeping me from putting
some serious miles on my once again revived B.

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu