Re: Convertible Top

To: spaninc@mail.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: "Dan Ray" <raydan67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:03:42 PST
Enrique:
I primarily referred to Lindsay Porter's Restoration guide, and advice
from this list before I did mine.
The hood/top I bought from Prestige Trim came with all the snaps
installed already.
The main thing is to take your time and make sure it's all lined up
correctly. I didn't quite get the front corners of the top to overlap
correctly over the header bar, but I used screws instead of rivets to
reinstall the metal trim strip, so I can eventually conduct a re-do and
hopefully get it right.
The gluing and overlapping at the front corners (over the header bar) is
definitely the most tricky part, so be careful and check it out before
you start spraying glue. Otherwise, it's a pretty straightforward
install.

Dan
73B