Pilgimage to Blue Ridge

To: "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pilgimage to Blue Ridge
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:22:33 -0500
Hello all,
    It's odd the topic of roads should come up - my best friend and
I had planned our spring break to include a top-down trip north on
the Blue Ridge parkway.  I'm leaving on Saturday, and will probably
pick up the parkway in Blowing Rock, NC, and take it to rt.. 58 in
VA (Headed to Martinsville.)  I originally planned to take more of
the parkway until he told me exactly how long my trip would take!
    Can anyone recommend any good bar and grilles along the way?  On
day two of our trip (He wants to spend the night at his fiancée's
house in Chatham, VA...) we're taking 220 north to PA.  It seems
like it'll be a great LBC-road trip as long as Little Miss keeps in
line!
    If anyone happens to be on the roads this weekend and you see
two Stupeys riding in a black MGB with the top down (or up if it's
snowing), give us a wave!  (Even better, if you see us fools sitting
along the road by a broken-down MGB, stop and we'll do a little
"roadside tuning"!
    I'll let everyone know how the trip goes when I get home...I'll
also ask for help when I get to recovering the seats!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/