The heater is IN! Now, on to the next question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The heater is IN! Now, on to the next question
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:14:47 -0500
Yesterday I posted a question about reinstalling the heater box in my '79
B.  Well, I figured it out with a litte help from the mgcars.uk website.
They had a tech page explaining how to do it, but I still couldn't get the
housing to slide down through the cowl bacuase of the rubber seal for the
defroster hoses.  After a few tries, I had an idea.  I coated the rear
surface of the seal with some liquid soap to see if that would help it
slide into position better, and it practically dropped in.  Everything else
seems to be coming along fairly well, but I should have organized things
better when I disassembled it.  I spend WAY too much time looking for the
correct fasteners for everything.
  Now, does anybody know a good way to remove paint from my windshield
frame and polish it up so it looks presentable?  I'm not looking for
show-quality, but someone had painted the entire frame with silver paint,
and some parts have primer underneath. The silver chips away quite easily,
but the primer is tough stuff.  I don't want to scratch up thealuminum too
much if I can help it.

Calvin Krug
'79 B slowly coming together.