Re: Odd carburation thoughts

To: jello@ida.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Odd carburation thoughts
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:26:27 EST
Phil,
One thing that you have to remember is that yes while the P car has 40 mm
carbs, it has a smaller choke (venturi) size.  Both DCOE and IDA carbs have
replaceable chokes as one of the calibrated settings.  So it's not a case of a
1/3 of a liter cylinder being feed by a 40 mm carb, it is more likely a 1/3 of
a liter being feed by a 28 or perhaps 32 mm carb (choke).
The other problem we face is four cylinders and only 5 head ports.  The p car
has 6 cylinders and if my memory is correct 12 ports.  IMHO you can only push
so much gas thru 5 ports.
Rick Ewald