What a day!

Subject: What a day!
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:46:09 -0600
Finally my B is almost back where I want it.  Thursday it became my
'only' car, as my girlfriend's car is broken, so she has my driver (95
Subaru).  So I make the 60 mile round-trip daily commute in the B now.
I even did it in the rain.

The oil pressure relief valve is giving me fewer problems as I am
changing the oil VERY often (like every 100 miles).

Today was the perfect day for the car.  It was in the 70s, so we took
off in the B, with the top down and no clouds in the sky, and drove
around Grenada Lake.  It had been over half a year since I had taken the
B on a joyride.  No problems with the valve that I could detect.  The
gauge was flickering like it was trying to stick, but it overcame it.  I
had 75-80 psi cruising the whole time over 2000rpms, and it idled hot
around 45psi.  That's pretty good.

Hopefully now that this car is ready to go, I can give it its SUs it
needs, then start welding in rust repair panels on one Midget, and
getting the other Midget running.

All in all, a great day.

--
Tyson Sherman