Re: Tranny Fluid Question

To: dberman@nortelnetworks.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny Fluid Question
From: Lec089@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:20:02 EST
dberman@nortelnetworks.com writes:

<< 2) How do I know when the tranny is completely
       filled. Ie, when oil comes out of the top
       opening? or is that too much oil? >>
Ooops, After I sent I saw that yours was a 77 which
means NO dipstick.  So, beneath the car on the
right hand side of the gearbox there is the filler plug.
Wipe this area off good before opening so no dirt enters
your gearbox.  Remove the plug and fill to the top of the
hole.  Then seal with the plug.  If doing this after draining
the old oil.  I would run it a little to give any trapped air
a chance to surface and then recheck.  Good luck,
Harry