Commuting via MGB -Day1

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commuting via MGB -Day1
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:09:16 -0800
Hi folks,

     Well, today was the day  -- The (still without a name) '77B covered the
Plymouth MA to Cambridge MA, 83 miles r/t, for the first time.  I am very
pleased to say that it was a very uneventful trip.  One of the greatest problems
occurred last night when I was faced with the problem of what tools, etc., to
take along -- just in case!  I'm lucky that the rear springs are decent or the
tailpipe would have been dragging.  Happy to say that I didn't need a one.

     Main problem was with the #$%^& SUV folks who like to tailgate with their
danged high-mounted headlights right in the mirror. (The commute starts at 5:15
am). Anyone know where I can find a flipdown filter to use on the rearview
mirror?  Back in the 50's (yah, I'm an OF) they sold small prisms on suction
cups that could be attached to the windshield so that you could see overhead
traffic lights.  Has anybody seem them lately?
In a couple of weeks time I'll remove the Parrish hardtop and reinstall the
'hood'.  I can hardly wait for that day.  I'm not about to do it now, it's
supposed to rain for the rest of the week. I'll get to see first hand all those
leaky areas that you folks have been cusssin' about.

 It'll be interesting to see what the gas mileage will be.  I have a 1 mile
warm-up run from the house to the expressway, then about 30 miles at 65 mph
followed by about 6 miles at 50 mph and finishing with about 3 miles of city
traffic (light at 6 am).  As long as I can get two full days per tank plus a
healthy reserve, I'll be happy.

BTW, I unloaded most of the tools, etc., tonight.

Bud Krueger
52TD (he was out Saturday)
77MGB