Re: vin and engine number help

To: <CamaroLee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: vin and engine number help
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 02:04:34 -0800
The problem is endemic even today.  The average MG owner has to push his
little 4-banger to the limits just to keep up with the Triumphs and
Austin-Healeys and as a result the engines die early and often.  So when
your MG came in for an engine overhaul it was easier to swap a rebuilt
engine in and call it good.  Who cared about originality when you were
missing prime driving weather?  Don't be disappointed that your car has
had an organ transplant, just be glad it runs at all.  It does run
doesn't it?

OK, you listers know I'm just being funny so don't so don't tie up the
Fat Chance phone line to get me booted.

Lonn (donning the Nomex as a precautionary measure...)
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."