Re: Need Carpet Installation Advice

To: mgrick@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Need Carpet Installation Advice
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:52:30 -0800
Rick:

        I agree with David.  I'm scraping the old glue out with a paint
scraper and it is coming up quickly.  You do not have to do a perfect job,
just get the worst of the brittle glue up.  Also the scraper will pull up
any loose paint that must be repaired.  I follow up with brush on rustoleum
primer on all the floor areas that are susceptable to rust.  Give it plenty
of time to dry.  I did this on my 65 and it had no floor rust problems after
6 years of outside storage.

Kelvin.