I GOT ANOTHER ONE 78 B STORY!! (kinda long)

To: mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com, mgs@autox.team.net, Ray.Huff@metrokc.gov,
Subject: I GOT ANOTHER ONE 78 B STORY!! (kinda long)
From: Mgbreh@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:59:50 EST
I dont know who's crazier my wife for letting me buy this car or me for
wanting another one.  So heres the story for sale 78 mgb gold stripes gold
wires good  electrics new tires etc.  $800 , so i call this lady & someone had
looked at it but wasnt sure if they were gonna buy it .  So i called back the
next day & went over the car supossedly would not start do to no spark.  The
car is in pretty good shape but has the big time crack of doom on both doors.
oh well.  The battery was dead to but the motor was free.  So i offered 600
which this crazy lady to go ask her boyfriend she came back & said 800, but
after a little while she had 700 in her hand i had the keys title & said ill
be back soon.  So i called my buddt Gary aka THE CARGURU & we went over to try
to get it started the bat had been charged & GURU went to work it had spark &
a pertronix unit in it.  AFTER 20 or so minites & the PO bugging Poor Gary he
determined it had fuel fouled plugs.  So Gary took 2 plugs out of the car we
drove & put it in the B & some staring fluid GUEES WHAT ITS ALIVE THE PO COULD
NOT BELIEVE IT!! BUT OF COURSE knowing the guru i could so after 30 minutes we
drove the car away with the drunk po going no no  its not safe she didnt
really want to sell it she was pyscko.  We went & put some petrol in it & it
drove  home needs some work definatly but hey what a deal!!!!!!!!

Ray Huff
Vp northend MGCCNWC SEATTLE AREA
741/2 BGT 76MGB 78MGB
NO SENSE
BUT A SUPER COOL UNDERSTANDING WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!