RE: More Moss

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: RE: More Moss
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:28:12 -0800
Lawrie et al.

        Thanks for the history.  Times are a changin'.  We (that's the
enthusiast we) have been sneaking changes in over the years.  Note the
earlier comment about the OE cooling fan switch.  It's expensive, but it's
made by "Otter" and works pretty well.  Note: if your cooling fans are
getting tired they pull lots more current, frying the switch.  Sticking a
relay in circuit is a very good idea to lower the current draw on the switch
contacts.
        I got informed that Moss manufacture bumpers are all now painted on
the backside (I didn't know that).  Keep in mind that Moss does not have
control of many of the repro parts we all see.  The company is a buyer just
like you all.  In cases where quality really goes down the tubes sometime
the only option is to discontinue an item, which doesn't make anyone happy.
Kinda like restoring your MGB and leaving the grille off because you could
not find a good one.  Like I said I will know lots more after hammering a
couple of cars back together.  The A I have needs everything.

Kelvin.