More master cylinder woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More master cylinder woes
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:30:15 -0500 (EST)
Well I have brake but the pedal is hard.   Very little travel.
After I bled cylinder and brakes for upteenth time I took car for a ride and
everything was ok for several miles.  THen I noticed the front brakes were
hanging up.  finally when I was going through a MAC machine the front brakes
locked up.  Wanting to move the car since there was a line of cars behind me I
let the clutch out and just kept giving it gas.  Suddenly the brakes released
and everything seemed ok except the pedal was hard (it was also hard before
this incident but a little worse afterwards).
Now all 3 rubber brake hoses are new as well as all rear brake lines.  THe only
old are the three steel lines for the front.
Looked and do not see anywhere where the  lines are smashed. Everything was ok
(except for the fluid dripping on my feet) before I changed the master
cylinder.  The only thing that change was a rebuilt master cylinder.
Is the hard brake due to the master cylinder or something else?
Onoce again need help from the list!
Incidently I bought a "brake bleeding " wrench  at the local auto parts.  Just
a closed end offset wrench.  Cut off the end with the 1/4" about 4" long and it
workded pretty good for bleeding the back brakes.  Was able to slip it on and
connect a hose to it to control the fluid.