Was First minor disaster,-Now air pump

To: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was First minor disaster,-Now air pump
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:49:21 -0500
At 08:21 PM 3/13/99 -0800, Steve Conley wrote:

>see what's going on (after checking my work) and I see that the alt.belt is
>turning & squealing and the air pump belt is not moving. I check with my
>friend Ray and he informs me I've got a bad air pump-just disconnect the
>belt. Of course what I thought was going to be a simple belt replacement
>turned out to be more complicated!

When I picked up my 80 B, the air pump was already disconnected.  Are ther
problems
thatthis could cause ? Is there anything that I should be aware of, like
problems with emmissions ?
It had a good inspection sticker on the car when I bought it so I have not
had to run
it through the sniffer.

Thanks,
Gene Balinski