Re: FW: Internet Access Fees

To: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Internet Access Fees
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:10:17 -0500 (EST)
This is a hoax.  Please do not redistribute it.  See for details:

  http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html#internetcharge

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Albert F Jones wrote:

>  >Subject: FW: Internet Access Fees
> >

> >>Dear All,
> >>
> >>For those of you that use home Internet providers, please see below.
> >>
> >>Congress will be voting for the INTERNET ACCESS FEE in less than two weeks.
> >>CNN stated that the new Congress is scheduled, in two weeks time, to decide
> >>whether to allow or not allow your telephone company to levy a charge on
> >>your phone bill equal to a Long Distance call EACH time you access the
> >>Internet.
> >
> >>The address is
> >>http://www.house.gov/writerep <http://www.house.gov/writerep>
> >>
> >>Visit the address above and fill out the necessary form! Tell your
> >>Congressman to vote against Internet Access Fees! If EACH one of us forwards
> >>this message on to others, we may be able to prevent this injustice from
> >>happening! We all need to respond to this-we don't want to lose another one
> >>of our "freedoms." This is one more way the phone company can get to our
> >>money-a lot of people may be forced to stop using the internet if Congress
> >>passes this bill.
> >
> >>Please forward this to your associates, friends and family for their
> >>information and freedom of choice.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
Baltimore County Public Library         Pager:   410-899-2956
320 York Road                           ICBM:    39.39910 N
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.                    76.60300 W