Re: Fwd: MG safety questions boundary="part0_922415380_boundary"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: MG safety questions boundary="part0_922415380_boundary"
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:02:12 GMT
>It doesn't make any sense to install 3-point belts without installing a roll
>bar......and I hate the looks of the car with it. In our car they're nothing
>more than a placebo (?).

How about to keep your chest from breaking the steering wheel, or to keep
the passenger's head from damaging the dash?

Those Nova crash films sure were more effective than the ones from the
1950's I saw in driver's ed. (No, I'm not that old, but the films were). My
own humble(?) opinion is that the move from two to three point belts was
probably the single best thing to happen to automotive crash safety, better
than air bags, even. (That's a joke, call me a dinosaur, but I've never
owned a car with airbags; I suspect they are named after their inventors).

Nevin