Re: Therapy / do n 360's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Therapy / do n 360's
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:24:27 -0600 (CST)
On 03/27/99 07:07:14 you wrote:

>It's been nice weather, but I've had almost no time to do much more than
>get up, chase the girl off to school, go to work, come home, do
>laundry/clean/cook/study, chase the girl off to bed, go to bed, then
>repeat.  Weekends have been a little better (no chasing the girl off to
>school).  However, several cases were settled this week, and MOWOG smiled
>on me -- left work early enough to pick up Miss Molly after work (from
>the heated and protected-by-the-armed-owner garage of a damned fine
>friend).
>
>Turned the ignition on, let the fuel pressure build up, cranked her over
>twice, and she fired right up!  Her top was already down (duh, right?),
>so I backed down the drive, and headed home.
>
>The long way.
>
>Within five minutes, the crisp breeze rolling over me had carried away
>several weeks of stress.  My head cleared, my smile grew, and all became
>right with the world.  Can't think of better therapy.
>
>Rich (with a silly grin)
>Council Bluffs, Iowa
>
>'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
>'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
>'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
>
>richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com

I've also gotten in a few good runs in the last couple of weeks. Last Saturday
I did a L.I. to
DE to L.I. run in the BGT. Just yesterday I did L.I. to Oneonta, NY to L.I. in
the 75 B
roadster. Not only were these both 360 runs in terms of going there and back
but they were both
360 miles. The DE run returned w/ a refreshed short block for Adam's 72 B
Roadster and the
Oneonta run returned w/ Adam, now home for ten days on Spring Break.

It's now 9 A.M. in NY and the sun is shining so I'm out to the driveway to try
and make room for
a new arrival coming in on Thurs. I'll tell you all about it once it arrives.

Safety fast,
David Deutsch
58 Austin A95
72 MGB (Adam's)