Re: Brake Drum Puller

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Drum Puller
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:45:47 -0600
Charley,
     I have seen three jaw brake drum pullers at auto parts stores like
O'Reilley's, maybe even at a Sears depending on the size of the tool
department. I think some are Lisle. There is one in JC Whitney Catalog for
42.99. Don't know the brand, some of their stuff is Asian Import, but they
do carry Lisle stuff too.
     As an aside, for Christmas I got myself some of those handy dandy
magnetic socket caddies that Lisle makes. Orange colored holder for a set of
regular and deep well sockets 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" size. Best idea I've
seen. Beats the Crafstman clip on stick type holders I used to have. You can
actually get sockets out and put em back while standing on your head in the
foot well with one hand stuck up behind an MGB dash. (don't ask me how I
know) I even saw the Snap-On guy selling them to the local prof. mechanic.
Sears has em in their catalog now and I think Moss may also. Just have to
remember not to stick em to anything with metal filings on it or you get to
clean the filings off, but I know if a socket is gone right away. Then I
have to go through the jeans pockets at the bottom of the laundry chute!
    No connection to manufacturer... just two cents and what works around
here.

Eric