First day on the road this season!

To: "mgs@autox" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: First day on the road this season!
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 17:46:21 -0500
Hey all.  Spent the best part of the day getting the "A" ready for the
season.  I put the newly painted rims back on the car (complete with new
Michelins), changed all fluids, checked and lubricated (dielectric
grease on the cam lobe and a few drops of oil in the spindle) the
ignition system (points fine, point gap fine, plugs removed, cleaned,
gap checked) and then decided, what the heck, and I put the battery back
in and fired it up.  The little beauty caught first time, belched a
little smoke, likely from the oil I put in the cylinders last November,
and idled so smoothly I almosty cried (checked the dwell and timing
through the tears).  Since the car  was running and the weather was
perfect (13° C and sunny), Terri and I jumped in and went for a spin.
The weight of a long winter was lifted immediately and the world was set
right in an instant!  God we love this car!!  What would a first driving
day of the season be without a glass of Old Speckled Hen?  We stopped in
at the local liquor store and picked up a couple for a sip on the
veranda later on.  A relaxing end to a perfect day ;-) (-;
*****************
Regards, Eric & Terri Stephen
1960 MGA1600 Roadster
NAMGAR# 574
Nepean, Ontario
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html

Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras