Re: Super glue vinyl trim

To: TravelMW@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Super glue vinyl trim
From: JohnOmg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 07:56:12 EST
Using non-cotton thread and taking a stitch or two might work, since the vinyl
is cloth backed.  I'm not sure if I can get to the backside.  I also remember
using Zap a Gap super glue on flyfishing line and will experiment with that
also.  Part of the problem is that the new material is thicker and more
elastic than the old time thin  "leather-cloth" from the '50s.  Therfore it
does not want to lay flat when folded over.  If the area didn't show, I'd use
a tack.

John