Re: Tachometer adjustment

To: Jeff Zuckerman <JeffZuckerman@csi.com>
Subject: Re: Tachometer adjustment
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:26:37 -0800
Word on the street is that Jeff Zuckerman said:
> I need to adjust the electrically driven tach on my '67 BGT (it has a '69
> motor, that's why I have the electric model, in case you were wondering).
> It reads about 2K too high.

Its dead easy - just take the tach out, remove the back cover, drill a
small hole in the cover so that you can adjust the potentiometer you
will find inside (its the only one) once the cover is back on, reassemble
and put in the dash loosely, then hook up an external tach (I have
a combined tach/dwell meter - they are cheap) some place where you can
see it.  You will probably have to do some contortion to see both
tachs and turn the pot at the same time.  Check at a few different
RPMs that they match and you're set.

While you're at it, repaint the inside of the tach case high gloss
white.  It will make it about 500 times brighter at night.  If you want
to maintain that nice blue hue, paint the bulb with some stained glass
paint.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375