Re: [Fwd: gearbox disgust] boundary="------------58AF729DA6A1412899B82D8

To: "Rick Morrison" <gofastmg@juno.com>, <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: gearbox disgust] boundary="------------58AF729DA6A1412899B82D88"
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:13:30 -0800
Rick..........

I hate to get argumentative here (esp. as that might seem some sort of
defense of the original proponent of the idea, who turned out to be a real
persona non grata), but I must comment that - while the B gearbox is
basically a very strong unit - almost all the ones I've ever taken apart to
rebuild (probably hundreds by now) have needed new layshafts because they
have worn badly where the bearings ride. Adding more bearing surface would
seem to be a good idea - one I'd not thought of and one that I will try in
fuure.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center