Factory Radio

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Factory Radio
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:30:14 EST
My 69 B came with a BMC AM push button radio (which I have). The original
speaker was in the passenger side under-dash liner. I think. It was missing on
my car. The original ( I believe) radio aerial I reused. It has a good chrome
finish that cleaned up very nicely. I once had a 67 E Type 2+2 that was fitted
with a Blauplunkt AM/FM Shortwave radio that was REALLY nice, and was
installed by the Jag dealer. I suspect that the C came with whatever the
dealer managed to sell the original owner. I seem to recall that Clausenger
said that radios in North American cars were fitted here by the dealer,
usually the "BMC" brand, which was made here. Maybe the original C owner
popped for a more expensive type. FM was still pretty rare back then, too. I'd
say that any quality vintage radio would be appropriate and authentic. Cheers,
Andy