Sticking Brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sticking Brakes
From: Joseph Tripp <sawhorse@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:45:21 -0500
On subject of erratic brakes, occasional dragging due. Had problem with
my '80. Checked all the traditional things; hoses, brake light switch,
calipers, etc. Ultimately found that brake booster was at fault. Brakes
would work fine for several miles and would start dragging. I installed
booster unit from '79 parts car and the problem went away. Braking is
excellent now. Haven't attempted to dismantle old booster yet so I don't
know what was sticking, leaking or whatever. Parts America store quoted
$80 for exchange rebuilt unit.
Thought I would toss this bit of info out for future referencer.
Joe Tripp
'75 Project B
'80 Usable B