Re: "the MGB was an awful car"

To: eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: Re: "the MGB was an awful car"
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:44:32 EST

<< e may not want to admit it publicly, but you can see he knows the MGB
 was an awful car. A decade old in the early 1970s, the B was, by the
 generally low standards of the day, poorly engineered, maintenance
 intensive, often unreliable, rather slow and quite uncomfortable >>

What a load of cr#p!   I've owned my current MGB GT over 15 years.  It has
been professionally maintained and renewed as required.  The MG  is cheaper to
maintain than any of our domestic cars and we have had a bunch of them all
purchased new from Saturns to Jeeps to Volvos to Cadillacs.  The MG starts
everytime, runs without complaint in town or on trips to the beach or
mountains.  (as long as I don't try to adjust the carbs.)

Perhaps the MGB  was not the most technically advanced or state of the art
auto of its time.  However it is inexpensive to maintain, fun to drive,
reliable and MG owners are the classiest, most pleasant well adjusted folks
around.   The person responsible for the observations to which this message is
a response, this sounds like a krautcar type.  In the interest of civility, I
deleted the adjectives that originally appeared describing a krautcar type.

Mel Frank
1971 MGB GT