Re: Fuel Prices

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Prices
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 07:58:49 +0000
Keith Wheeler wrote:

> Del Mar, California:  I recently paid $1.53/gallon for 87 octane (for
> the RX-7, it'll burn anything!).  Do I complain?  Not really, but then
> I'm one of those guys who has purchased turbo blue before.  I'm used
> to paying a lot for car fluids.

For those that care to do the conversions...

I was recently paying $AUS1.30 (Australian Dollars) per litre for my
AVGAS (I feed my 'B whatever she wants to eat).  But I found a competing
station across town that sells it for $AUS1.10 per litre which makes it
worth the trip.

Unleaded fuel sells in South Australia from $UAS0.69 to $AUS0.74 per
litre - I will buy this stuff in a pinch (the stations that sell AVGAS
are not 24 hour).

I don't know what you guys are complaining about!

And yes, we produce enough oil to satisfy our local market but export
much of it... the games economists play is frequently beyond me!

Eric
'68MGB MkII