Re: "the MGB is an awful (GOOD) car"

To: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "the MGB is an awful (GOOD) car"
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 00:12:48 -0500
Good point.  When something breaks on my MGB and someone comments on
it, I always say, "Yeah, maybe the next car I buy will last 25 years
before 'X' starts breaking."  That usually shuts 'em up.  Especially
the guys with '91 Honduh's and $1700 brake repair bills...

As for cars with surprising followings, here's my OT comment.  You'd be
amazed to know the humble Dodge Omni/ Plymouth horizon has a pretty
impressive following.  My Turismo is based on the same platform, and
these guys are adamant about their performance cars!  (Most fitted with
turbos can cook a 5.0.)  An offshoot of this group is the, yes, Grand
Caravan performance crowd.  Talk about a sleeper!

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/index.htm