Re: another B master cylinder question

To: fayne@ibm.net
Subject: Re: another B master cylinder question
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:25:36 -0800
At 12:49 PM -0600 4/3/99, Jeff Fayne wrote:
>I'm having the same problem with my new Lockheed A/P M/C. Any chance you
>purchased yours from Proper MG? This is the second new  M/C that's been in my
>car, both were acquired from them. The current one has been in the car
>since last
>May, just before I took the car off the road for a total resto.

Jeff,  I bought my M/C from Moss, and as you know, have had the same
problem.  I wonder if Lockheed had a problem with quality control and some
slipped out which were not up to snuff.  I wonder if any of our parts
suppliers on this list would know anything about this?
         I would try and estimate how much mileage your new unit had on it
and then try and negotiate with The Proper MG.  Most car repair places have
warranties like 6 months or 6,000 miles.  I try and keep a log with dates
and mileage and write down all the repairs I do on my car (or have had done
in the past).  This told me that it had been twelve years and 50,000 miles
since the last brake M/C.  Makes you feel better about maintenance.  Good
luck!       Nina