Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 01:25:20 EST
In the event that you are not supplied with the short pieces of hose and
fittings, here is something I have done that works quite well.
Leave the plugs in the master cylinder, chuck the master in a vice using one
of the mounting ears, and fill with fluid.  Using a punch or screwdriver push
the piston down and back and watch the bubbles in the reservoir.  When some
resistance is felt hold the piston in the down position and loosen the plugs
to relieve the air.  Continue until the air is removed.  Leave the plug in
place and move over to the car.  Remove the plug start the hydraulic lines
and mount the cylinder.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB