Pinion seal leak

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pinion seal leak
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:17:08 EDT
The problem was described as a seal leak due to the groove worn into the
pinion flange over time and mileage. One possible solution, if a better
flange can't be found, is to fit a "Speedi sleeve" made by Chicago Rawhide
(CR). Take the flange ( or measure the diameter with a vernier) to the local
parts store and tell them what diameter you need. The sleeve is a very thin
shell of metal that fits over the old sealing surface and will seal leaks by
providing a beeter surface for the seal to ride against. I used this on the
rear main oil seal of my 3.5 L V8.  Cheers, Andy Blackley