A tip - advance your timing!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A tip - advance your timing!
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 16:55:19 +0000
Hello listers...wow, I think Ive actually got something to contribute.
The winter project is nearing completion (exception being the wheel
cylinder stuff I just sent out).  Here's something I found that seems to
help my car run a *whole* lot better.

Advance your timing!  Same trick I used on the Integra.  It idles well,
and I don't have any knocking.  Throttle response is much better too.
All I did was advance it until the car started idling funny, then backed
it off a bit.  Nothing scientific.  no knocking in tall gears up hill
either, so that's good.

Anyhow, this is a simple trick that has helped me; those new to MGs
(like me) may benefit by doing this.

And BTW, a shout out to Skye for having such a great site on MGBs.

--
Karl Shultz
95 Integra GS-R, black, loud