Re: Old M/C removal

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Old M/C removal
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
At 08:38 PM 4/4/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I asked before if anyone has any ideas on a substance to put in that area of
>the engine bay that's more impervious to brake fluid. Any ideas? I was
>thinking of that rubberized undercoating stuff, but I'm not sure that would
>be too swift.
>I've got plenty of scraping and cleaning to do now!

Dan,

This is one of the main reasons my GT will have DoT 5 silicone fluids in it
when I start putting stuff back together.  After 30 odd years of use, many
with a bad clutch M/C, that corner of the engine bay is disgusting!  With
silicone fluid it should stay nice and clean for years to come (`course
rebuilt/new hydraulics all round won't hurt either).

As far as a substance you can spray on to keep the DoT 3/4 from destroying
your finish?  I haven't a clue.  I've tested a couple things myself on scrap
metal with no luck.  I'd be very interested to hear of something that will
do the trick.

Cheers,
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849